Saturday, September 20, 2008

Feeling much better

I'll get to part 2 of my story tomorrow. Just saying that I'm feeling much better right now. This verse from Ecclesiastes really stuck out to me and to tell you the truth it really doesn't make sense...nonetheless it really helped me:

Ecclesiastes 7:3 ""sorrow is better than laughter, For by a sad countenance, the heart is made better"


Also one of my friends who has also resigned from the ministry called me last night (there's three of us and no we didn't get together and influence each other to leave...that's a whole 'nother post lol), but he told me that he had just gotten back together with his girlfriend.

This sparked my interest as it was pretty sudden. What was interesting was that the reason they first broke up was because she didn't understand the things going on at the church we are currently leaving and my friend thought she would be a hinderance to him moving forward in God under the ministry. So they mutually decided to end it.

The irony is that the issue about the church was brought up during a conversation they had and long story short, they are back together now that my friend understands her position on the church not too long ago.

I say all that to say that the reason my courtship ended was because she said the same thing. She said she wouldn't feel comfortable and she wouldn't be able to express herself freely in God around me (you know the charismatic types of things) and basically I would be a hinderance. I'm glad God allowed him to tell me his story because it really lifted me up yesterday as I see that who knows what's down the line. We may get back together, we may not, but I AM CONTENT knowing that God is leading me....praise God.

Be back tomorrow....Lord willing of course ;)

No comments: